Mainline Foundation's mission is to promote health and fulfil the human rights of people who use drugs/substances, without a primary focus on the reduction of drug use and with respect for the individual drug user's freedom of choice and capabilities.
Harm reduction offers people the chance to manage their use of drugs and take back control over their own lives within realistic boundaries. It is therefore an attempt to restore human dignity while increasing the quality of life for people who use drugs.
Core Values and Mission
The experiences and motivations of people who use drugs and the contexts in which drug use takes place constitute the point of departure for Mainline’s actions. In particular, Mainline Foundation works on the basis of the following values and approaches:
• Non-moralising practices and attitudes.
• Evidence-based approaches.
• People-centred interventions.
• Authenticity, creativity and freedom of thought.
• Pragmatism; delivering solutions to the community.
- Offering and successfully implementing harm reduction interventions.
- Promoting the human rights of people who use drugs and paying heed to their necessities.
- Supporting and promoting harm reduction both as a method and as a broader mindset.